Monday, August 23, 2010

OUR MISSION STATEMENT

Our mission is to become physically fit not for the world but for ourselves!  We both have young children and we want to be examples of health and not laziness.  We were both skinny girls that grew into women that love all the wrong foods and just plain too tired   lazy to exercise.  It's time for a change! 

Jen's story

I was 130 pounds when I graduated from college in 2002 and I thought I was huge!  You don't notice the pounds and inches, or maybe you do but chose to ignore them.  You buy the next larger size swearing to yourself that the diet will start on Monday. 

I was 147 pounds when I got married in 2006 but oddly I had become comfortable in my skin.  I was wearing a size 10-12 but justified it with the fact that a size 12 is the size of most american women.  In 2008, I lost my daughter, Lily, at 23 weeks gestation and this is when my weight started to spiral out of control.  I didn't care and ate whatever and whenever the desire arouse.  I got pregnant with my son in April 2009 and then used him as an excuse to eat even more!  My current weight is 205.  I'm mortified of where my body is today.  My knees and hips hurt.  My ankles pop when I walk accross the room and I now have plantar flacitis in both feet. 

I know that I don't want my son's memories to include an unhealthy mother and I have to get serious for him.  I have to be here for him.  This isn't just about me anymore.

My weight loss goal is 60 pounds.  Prayers and words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated! 

Aimee's story

Okay here I go.  My whole rollercoaster started when I was 18.  I got pregnant with my first daughter and took the line "eating for two" WAY too literally.  I had people asking my sister if I was pregnant or just getting really fat!  I was 119 pounds when I first found out I was pregnant.  By the time I had her at 36 weeks I weighed 170!  She was only a 4.7 pound baby!!!  I have tried to get down to 135 since then but two more daughters later the closest I ever got was 144 pounds.  That weight loss did not last too long at all.  I am wanting to change my habits for my girls sake.  My husbands family has weight issues also that makes it a double chance that they will grow up like us.  I do not want my daughters to think this is ok...I curently weight 167 and my weight loss goal is 25-30 pounds.

2 comments:

  1. I have a quest to loose 100 pounds! I am down 10 so its going but slow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys can definitely do this! I think it's great that you're doing it together. What a wonderful example you're going to be setting for your children! :)

    ReplyDelete